Thursday, July 21, 2011

Voices

The voice of pain says
"Why live today?
I will overtake you,
Body, soul and spirit.
I am part of you;
You cannot escape.
Rejection,
Neglect,
Shame,
Lies told,
These are my tools.
Since your birth,
I have used them,
To trample and destroy you."

Yet another Voice speaks...
This One calls in the darkness.
He says, "Come to Me,
I can carry your hurts,
Your rejection,
Your neglect,
Your shame.
I give you the Truth,
Acceptance,
Attention,
Forgiveness.
Rest.
These are my gifts.
From before your birth,
I have saved them for you,
That you may be full,
Body, soul and spirit.

I heal, restore
And make all things new.
Soon we will meet face to face,
The voice of pain silenced forever.
Until then,
Stay in My love,
Drink deep of My Spirit;
And do not lose heart,
For I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment