Friday, September 23, 2011

The Closet

Darkness fills the closet.
My eyes open, but I see no exit.
Built and designed by my enemy,
Its walls are Fear and Insecurity.
Rejection and Shame pave its floor,
Lies shut its door.

One day, the door opens.
A LIGHT beckons.
He holds LOVE, ACCEPTANCE and FORGIVENESS,
"Come", he says, "Receive of my goodness."
I hesitate and doubt.
It's more natural to pout.

My enemy shuts the door,
That I see the LIGHT no more.
"These gifts are not for you.
They are for the new.
You are damaged goods,
To deserve them, you never could."
I take his words to heart.
Why should I get a new start?

Time and again the door opens.
To this LIGHT should I quicken?
One day He offers FREEDOM,
Another day He sets out HOPE.

I believe,
I rise to my feet.
I see His pierced hand stretched out.
It's LOVE, He is about.

I grab on to New Life,
To call Him Daddy is my right.
Never let go,
Defeated is my foe.
Never look back,
Nothing I now lack.



No comments:

Post a Comment